DIY fans, this is for you! You’ve bought our Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor Laser Files to create fun boho tray decor with your laser cutter – now we’re here to give you tips and advice on having the most fun with them.
How To Use Our Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor Laser Files
I love a modern boho decor piece for my home. So creating this set of tiered tray decor laser files with a bohemian feel was definitely on my radar.
You can purchase this laser file for making these boho tiered tray decor laser files.
Watch How to Make The Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor
Steps to Make The Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor
Most people will be able to use the SVG file as-is.
I am using 1/8 materials, specifically Maple. I purchase my Maple from Home Depot online.
I always paint or stain my materials first and then mask them before cutting.
- You’ll note in this video, I cut based on colors because I have pre-painted and stained pieces. Follow along, or do the following:
- Start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- There is a scoring layer you should run first. I always run-scoring, engraving, and minor cuts before cutting the larger shapes. The reason is this will keep things from shifting around. Many of my backers have a red scoring layer for the details to know where to glue them down. There is engraving on the good ol’ days, the horse, and a mini banner. You cannot run these as scoring, or they won’t fill correctly.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. Using a 3M adhesive on more minor details like letters saves you so much headache from messy glue.
Assembling the Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor
- I put some painter’s tape down before taking out tiny pieces, so I don’t drop them through the crumb tray.
- Use Gorilla masking tape to help remove any masking.
- Each step is pretty simple. Use the scoring on the backers to know where to glue down things following my video instructions. Glue those down for the two with frames first to make sure your details (heart and rectangle) will fit properly inside.
Finishing the Boho Home Tiered Tray Decor
- You can paint this after, in other colors, so many options.
- For the mini banner, I use thin jute to string through. I only cut four of these but cut as many as you like.
And here are some pictures of this fun boho-themed tiered tray decor set I made with my Glowforge.
Show Us Your Laser Work!
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it. And, if you want files like this before the public, consider joining our subscription program. This file was launched in March to our paid subscribers but only became available to the public this month.
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off of a Plus model when you use this link. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!