Let’s make a cute teacher appreciation gift by assembling our teacher sign laser file together. This cute teacher sign features a rainbow made of school supplies.
Let’s Make a Cute Teacher Sign With a Rainbow
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set, for mother’s day was one of them we released in April. Now it’s available to you!
You can purchase this laser file for making a cute teacher sign with a rainbow.
Watch How to Make a Cute Teacher Sign With a Rainbow
Steps to Make a Cute Teacher Sign With a Rainbow
Most people will be able to use the SVG file as-is.
For this project, I am using 1/8 Maple from Home Depot and 1/8 MDF from Glowforge.
I always paint or stain my materials first and then mask them before cutting.
- You’ll note in this video, I cut based on colors because I have pre-painted pieces. Follow along, or do the following:
- Start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- There is a scoring layer you should run first. I always run-scoring, engraving, and minor cuts before cutting the larger shapes. The reason is this will keep things from shifting around. Many of my backers have a red scoring layer for the details to know where to glue them down.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. Using a 3M adhesive on more minor details like letters saves you so much headache from messy glue.
And here are some pictures of the Cute Rainbow Teacher Sign I made with my Glowforge.
SHOW US YOUR LASER WORK!
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it. And, if you want files like this before the public, consider joining our subscription program. This file was launched in March to our paid subscribers but only became available to the public this month.
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off of a Plus model when you use this link. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!