Make a Welcome Round Sign with Hand Lettering Hello and Modern Cut Details with Your Laser Cutter
Learn how to make this welcome round sign with hand-lettering Hello and modern cut details with your laser cutter. I’m showing you how our laser file works with the Glowforge and how to assemble it all. You can use any laser cutter and software with our laser SVG files. Visit us at thelasercollective.com for more laser files for your laser machine.
The Laser Design
When I created this laser design, I wanted to use hand lettering in the project. I used Procreate to letter the word, hello, and then I vectored it for the sign. I love how this laser project came out with it, as it makes it more unique than using the same old fonts everyone else uses.
You can purchase this laser file for making your own Hello Welcome Round sign here.
Watch How to Make a Welcome Round Sign
Steps to Make the Welcome Round Sign
Most people will be able to use the SVG file as-is. If you need to resize it, be sure to size both files.
I am using 1/4 Maple for the background and 1/8 MDF for the detailed pieces.
I always paint or stain my materials first and then mask them before cutting.
- Start by dragging the background piece into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- There is a scoring layer you should run first. I always run-scoring, engraving, and small cuts before cutting the larger shapes. The reason is this will keep things from shifting around. The background has a red scoring for the details to know where to glue them down.
- Then you can cut the background shape.
- Then, drag in the details and cut.
Assembling the Welcome Round Sign
- I put some painter’s tape down before taking out the pieces from the crumb tray to keep all those modern deco details in place, so I know where to put them.
- Use Gorilla masking tape to help remove any masking.
- The center piece will have some of the design attached; start by gluing this piece down in the center first.
- Then, work out gluing down all of the modern detail pieces.
- Finally, glue down the word, Hello on the top of the round sign.
Finishing the Welcome Round Sign
- You can paint this after, in other colors, so many options.
- Then, you can also add some holes to the sign for hanging with a rope. Or, you can put a hanger on the back.
- Finally, adding a bow to your sign would look super cute too.
And here are some pictures of this cute welcome round sign I made with my Glowforge.
Show Us Your Laser Work!
Be sure to share your work with us in our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it. And, if you want files like this before the public, consider joining our subscription program. This file was launched in March to our paid subscribers but only became available to the public this month.
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off of a Plus model when you use this link. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!