This tutorial will show you how to make beautiful rattan stacking trays with your laser cutter. Using our rattan stacking trays laser file is easy.
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser-cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set was one of them we released in May. Now it’s available to you!
You can purchase this laser file to make beautiful rattan stacking trays here.
Watch How to Make Beautiful Rattan Stacking Trays with Your Laser Cutter
Steps to Make Beautiful Rattan Stacking Trays with Your Laser Cutter
Most people will be able to use the SVG file as-is.
I am using 1/8 MDF for this project. The tabs are set to use 1/8 MDF, specifical mine from Glowforge. The tab and opening layers are separate, so you can resize them to fit your materials as needed. Please use calipers and measure your material first.
- Follow along with my video. I’ll show you how the tabs work with Adobe Illustrator.
- If you are using the files as they are or have adjusted your files and made a new SVG, start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- The rattan design will take time to cut, and you may need a toothpick to get the tiny pieces out. But it’s so worth it.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. I used regular wood glue for this project.
- I spray painted mine after for ease.
And here are some pictures of the Rattan Stacking Trays laser file when complete.
SHOW US YOUR LASER WORK!
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it. And, if you want files like this before the public, consider joining our subscription program. This file was launched in May to our paid subscribers but only became available to the public this month.
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off a Plus model. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!