Make Laundry Wood Signs with Your Laser Cutter
This laser cutting tutorial will show you how to make this set of three Laundry Signs with your laser cutter. Using our laundry trio of laser files is easy.
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser-cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set was one of them we released in May. Now it’s available to you!
You can purchase this laser file to make a set of laundry signs with your laser cutter here.
Watch How to Make Laundry Wood Signs with Your Laser Cutter
Steps to Make Laundry Wood Signs with Your Laser Cutter
Most people will be able to user our SVG laser file as is for this laundry wood set of signs with their laser cutter.
- I am using 1/8 MDF for this laser project. I did pre paint my materials:
- I use house interior paint in a flat or satin finish that you can purchase Lowes or Home Depot.
- I paint on multiple thin layers of paint to my materials using foam cabinet paint rollers I buy from Amazon.
- Once the paint has dried and cured, I use masking transfer tape and a squeegee to apply it to protect my paint job.
- If I am cutting small pieces, I will apply 3M adhesive to the backs of the sheets of materials before cutting.
- Always run a test and adjust your cutting speeds to account for the 3M materials.
- Follow along with my video.
- The first steps of my videos are always going to go over the files, how they may look or need to be adjusted for size, and I use the Glowforge app for this video. But you can use what I share with you on how to use my files with any laser app to understand my layers, colors on my layers and the order I run things on my laser cutter.
- If you are using the files as they are or have adjusted your files and made a new SVG, start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- Because I have pre-painted my materials, I can rework the file to only have the white portions on one and black on another. This is up to you. Or, delete away portions of the file on the app and bring them back in when your other color sheet of materials is introduced.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. I used regular wood glue for this project as well as 3M adhesive.
And here are some pictures of the Laundry Trio Signs laser file when complete.
Join Our Laser Club
If you’re wanting to get access to files like this early with marketing photos as well as a 40% discount to all of my laser files in the shop, consider joining our Laser Club. This particular file was launched in May to our paid subscribers. Don’t wait 90 days for laser files! Get them early, and ahead of the game with your customers. It only became public to shoppers this month.
Show Us Your Laser Cutting Work and Projects
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it.
Save Money on a Glowforge
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off a Plus model. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!