This tutorial will show you how to make a summer Palm Springs tray decor set with your laser cutter.
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser-cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set was one of them we released in May. Now it’s available to you!
You can purchase this laser file for making a Palm Springs Tray Decor here.
Watch How to Make a Summer Palm Springs Tray Decor Set With Your Laser Cutter
Steps to Make a Summer Palm Springs Tray Decor Set With Your Laser Cutter
Most people will be able to use the SVG file as-is.
I am using 1/8 MDF pre-printed by Smokey Hill Designs for this project.
- Follow along, or do the following:
- Start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- If you are not using the same size materials as me, you may have to open the vector file in a native vector app and adjust the hole openings for the tabs for the kerf of your materials.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. I used regular wood glue for this project.
And here are some pictures of the Palm Springs Tray Decor.
SHOW US YOUR LASER WORK!
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it. And, if you want files like this before the public, consider joining our subscription program. This file was launched in May to our paid subscribers but only became available to the public this month.
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off of a Plus model when you use this link. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!