In this tutorial, I will teach you how to make our woodland layered Christmas ornaments with your laser cutter. These Christmas ornament laser files make it easy and fun to give as gifts!
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser-cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set was one of them we released in July. Now it’s available to you!
Making Woodland Layered Christmas Ornaments with Your Laser Cutter
Steps to Making Woodland Layered Christmas Ornaments with Your Laser Cutter
Most people will be able to use our SVG laser file as is for woodland layered Christmas ornaments set with their laser cutter.
- I am using 1/8 Maple from Home Depot for this laser project. I stained and used Posca paint pens after I cut my files. Posca paint pens make it easier to paint smaller details. Get my favorite Posca pens here and here. *
- Follow along with my video.
- The first steps of my videos are going to go over the files and how they may look or need to be adjusted for size, and I use the Glowforge app for this video. But you can use what I share with you on how to use my files with any laser app to understand my layers, the colors on my layers, and the order I run things on my laser cutter.
- If you are using the laser files as they are or have adjusted your files and made a new SVG, start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser-cutting applications and follow along.
- Fort his project, it’s all cuts, so there is no need to rearrange the cutting layer process.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. Use wood glue. I preferred not to use 3M adhesives because portions of the backs of the detailed cutouts will show, and this makes it so there is no exposed sticky backs.
Join Our Laser Club
If you want access to files like this early with marketing photos and a 40% discount on all of my laser files in the shop, consider joining our Laser Club. This particular file was launched in July to our paid subscribers. Don’t wait 90 days for laser files! Get them early and ahead of the game with your customers. It only became public to shoppers this month. Please note that our Laser Club is only open for enrollment four times a year for two weeks. So don’t miss out.
Show Us Your Laser Cutting Work and Projects
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it.
Save Money on a Glowforge
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off a Plus model. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!