In this tutorial, I will show you painting tray decor for the Christmas laser cutting project. Tiered trays are all the rage, and making mini signs is fun!
If you weren’t familiar, we have a laser-cutting subscription program. Members get access to many of our files months early before going on sale to the public, and this laser file set was one of them we released in July. Now it’s available to you!
Watch Painting Tray Decor for Christmas Laser Cutting Project
Steps to Painting Tray Decor for Christmas Laser Cutting Project
Most people will be able to use our SVG laser file as is for this set of Pink Christmas Tray Decor with their laser cutter.
- I am using 1/8 MDF for this laser project. I painted after production this time and used white, pink, and darker pink acrylic paint. I will use Posca paint pens as well. Light pink is Hydrangea Pink by Ceramcoat. Dark Pink is Fuschia by HissiCo (I believe it’s from Amazon). White Posca Pen from Amazon.
- Follow along with my video.
- The first steps of my videos are going to go over the files and how they may look or need to be adjusted for size, and I use the Glowforge app for this video. But you can use what I share with you on how to use my files with any laser app to understand my layers, the colors on my layers, and the order I run things on my laser cutter.
- If you are using the files as they are or have adjusted your files and made a new SVG, start by dragging the files into your app. I’m using the Glowforge app, but you can use other laser cutting applications and follow along.
- Rearrange the layers to set up the steps in the order they need to be created. I have indicated my color-coding system for layers in the instructions PDF file.
- Then you can cut out all of the pieces. Use wood glue or 3M adhesive sheets on the back of your details.
Join Our Laser Club
If you want access to files like this early with marketing photos and a 40% discount on all of my laser files in the shop, consider joining our Laser Club. This particular file was launched in July to our paid subscribers. Don’t wait 90 days for laser files! Get them early and ahead of the game with your customers. It only became public to shoppers this month. Please note that our Laser Club is only open for enrollment four times a year for two weeks. So don’t miss out.
Show Us Your Laser Cutting Work and Projects
Be sure to share your work with us on our Facebook Group. We’d love to see it.
Save Money on a Glowforge
Want to save on a Glowforge? Use my affiliate link. You can get $500 off a Pro model and $250 off a Plus model. I get the same amount in return to use on materials, and I have loved using my Glowforge!