Summer Ice Cream Sign for Laser Cutters and CNC Machines
This adorable summer ice cream sign for laser cutters and CNC machines is super easy to make and took me just about an hour to complete. It looks fantastic in my summer themed decor.
Watch Me Make a Summer Ice Cream Sign
This was a pretty easy project for my laser cutter. I used my Glowforge.
You could even cut out the letters with your Cricut or Silhouette machine vinyl.
How My Summer Ice Cream Sign Came Out
I ended up cutting a the blue walnut with 1/8″ birch I had already stained from my mini tray designs last week. The rest I did with draft board. After I cut them, I peeled off the masking and placed them back into the cut pieces like a puzzle jig and spray painted them. I found my whites were much cleaner than trying to cut them with no masking on pre-painted pieces. Certainly finish yours however you’d like!
Products Used in Summer Ice Cream Sign for Laser Cutters and CNC Machines
- Summer Ice Cream Tiered Tray Laser Files
- Adobe Illustrator – You don’t need this, but if you want more control over your vector files I recommend it. Some people use other apps for vector use (Affinity is one some people like)
- Glowforge – I use the Pro model, for a discount, use this link to get up to $500 off your Glowforge when you purchase through it*
- 1/8″ Baltic Birch. I purchase mine from this guy. If they don’t have in stock shoot him a message and ask when. He’s so great at communicating!
- Medium and Thick Draftboard from Glowforge
- Magnets* to hold the Birch flat down on the crumb tray
- Spray Paint Colors by Krylon ColorMaxx (primer + paint): Satin White, Ocean Breeze, Walnut Stain
- Stick Fast CA Thick*
- Denatured Alcohol for cleaning (I’m not sure you can buy this in California though so you are better off buying online). Mine is by Crown (and found at Home Depot in the cleaning section).
Links marked with an asterisk* are affiliate links. I get some sort of payment when you use them. Use them, or don’t. It’s up to you!
Show Me Yours!
I’d love to see your finished summer sign! Be sure to tag us @almonogram on Instagram so we can see your finished design.